Great customer service nowadays is like a rare gem. If you want your business to truly stand out, you have to offer an awesome customer service experience every time instead of just a mediocre one. Below are top five tips to help you achieve that.
- Treat customers like human beings – This means treating them with respect and gratitude. Accommodate them properly and don’t be annoyed at them for interrupting your day, because they’re not. This also means not answering them like a robot with canned responses. Be conversational/casual but still professional.
- Exceed expectations – To make your customers love you even more, try to go above and beyond their minimum expectations whenever possible. If there’s an issue, resolve it and add a little extra to make your client’s day. Bonus: He/She will remember it for a long time. You most likely will also get additional business and word-of-mouth referrals if you over deliver.
- Let customers feel like a priority – Every customer deserves to feel like VIP and a top priority. That means you need to give your full attention when attending to customers. Stop whatever you’re doing and focus only on their needs. They will notice the difference when you’re really paying attention—and the results will be worth it.
- Fix problems right away – First off, customers hate waiting, most especially when you’re at fault. While no one wants to face something unpleasant, the more you let an issue marinate, the more you frustrate your customer. Attend to a customer’s concern as soon as possible to avoid further dissatisfaction and income loss.
- Follow up – Its importance can’t be stressed enough. Contact your client after a problem has been successfully resolved to ensure they’re satisfied with the resolution. Or when they ordered something big to check if they received it in excellent condition. When you follow up, make sure to not upsell anything. Simply call to find out what you need to know and wish your client a nice day.
Prove that awesome customer service experience is not hard to come by. Just refer to these top 5 tips above and apply them to your business operations whenever possible.